Board-level hiring is stuck in the past - that’s where Nurole comes in. We were founded by industry veteran Susie Cummings, who realised there has to be a better and fairer way, in the digital age of hiring the world's leaders, beyond little black books and the old boys’ network.
Nurole is the global hiring marketplace working exclusively at board level. Our clients range from listed and private organisations, such as Games Workshop, Uber, and Oddbox, to nonprofits, such as Comic Relief, the University of Oxford, and the RSPCA. We're highly mission-driven and social impact is core to the business model - we believe our unique, tech-driven method casts the net wider for every search and is a fairer, better way to find new and diverse talent. We also discount our fees by 90% for nonprofits and donate to charity every time one of our members recommends a placed candidate in a compensated role.
Our aim is for Nurole to become the way for boards to hire. We’ve already placed over 1,500 people, helping 10 people find a non-executive role each week of 2021. We’re growing fast. The Financial Times listed us in the top 1,000 fastest-growing organisations in Europe for the third time in 2022.
By hiring the right people, good boards become great. Great boards change their organisations, and great organisations change the world.
The work we do matters. We’d love you to join us.
We are in the Financial Times fastest growing startups in Europe for the 4th year in a row. Nurole has now made c. 1,500 board placements in the last few years and has built up a community of 50,000+ board members in 100+ countries. As we continue to scale and seek to become the global board level recruiter, we are expanding our Marketing Team to deliver the next chapter of growth.
Join a Marketing Team building Nurole’s Go-To-Market foundation for scalable growth. Your contribution will continue our mission to build the market’s leading board-level hiring brand. Inbound already accounts for a large portion of revenue through word-of-mouth from boards who love the solution.
Run marketing campaigns in a research, planning, execution, optimisation and reporting framework.
- You will work in a agile marketing team and your contribution will help find the right blend of channels, messaging, content strategy and targeting that drives sustainable revenue.
- You will own the number for high-intent leads and revenue in a market segment.
- You will be comfortable working on a modern demand generation model of ungating content, to educate market segments at scale and drive high-intent leads through word-of-mouth and brand / product awareness.
- You will be devoted to working around strong marketing principles in order to really understand the pains and needs of your target market.
Would like the opportunity to be the 3rd hire in a fast-growing marketing team.
- Understand the different ways to market to the 5% of the market who are ready to buy and the 95% who aren’t in a buying cycle.
- Can thrive in an environment of autonomy and accountability.
- Experience owning a marketing revenue number for a region, segment or team.
- Strong core marketing fundamentals; strategy, positioning, planning, budgeting and reporting.
- 4+ years experience in a marketing role or high-quality internships.
- Motivated to try new Go-to-Market approaches rather than a ‘copy and paste’ playbook.
We want people to be proud to work at Nurole – because of what we do, how we do it and what we stand for.
- Throw yourself into your work and we’ll commit to you.
- We don’t mind if you make mistakes – as long as you learn from them.
- We’re big believers in data. This should guide everything we do.
- We strive to be a very human tech company. We want everyone to feel valued and able to do their best work.
Nurole’s culture is built on three core values:
- Be Bold – moon shoot, own it, be brilliant.
- Build Trust – always be kind, nothing beneath us, givers not takers.
- Be Better – growth mindset, black box thinking, autonomy mastery purpose.
- Share options.
- 25 days holiday p.a. & bank holidays.
- Private health insurance (after 12 months of service).
- Regular team events & off-sites.
Founder - Susie Cummings:
Susie, a former top-tier headhunter with over 30 years’ experience and founder of one of Europe’s most successful retained executive search firms, is the founder of Nurole.
Susie started her working life at Advent Venture Partners, where it soon became clear that getting the right senior management team was as important to the success of a business as the strategy or securing the capital itself. This philosophy is at the heart of everything Nurole does today.
CEO - Oliver Cummings:
Oliver joined the company after a decade working as a private equity investor, most recently as a partner at BXR Partners, an international private investment group with a 19-year track record of superior investment performance across a variety of industry sectors, and previously at Goldman Sachs Capital Partners.
Oliver is currently a non-executive director of Thomas’s London Day Schools, a privately-owned schools group with over 2,000 students across London. He also serves on the advisory board of Potage (www.potage.co.uk), recently voted in the top 8 food delivery services in the UK by GQ.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is part of the Nurole DNA, as our platform is designed to attract and identify more diverse candidates for every role.
As a company, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive organisation, but we know we have work to do. We recently set up a Diversity Committee and appointed a Diversity Champion to drive our efforts in this area. It is looking at both our internal data and policies, and how the Nurole platform empowers people from the widest possible range of backgrounds.