Board-level hiring is stuck in the past - that’s where Nurole comes in. We were founded by industry veteran Susie Cummings, who realised there has to be a better and fairer way, in the digital age of hiring the world's leaders, beyond little black books and the old boys’ network.
Nurole is the global hiring marketplace working exclusively at board level. Our clients range from listed and private organisations, such as Games Workshop, Uber, and Oddbox, to nonprofits, such as Comic Relief, the University of Oxford, and the RSPCA. We're highly mission-driven and social impact is core to the business model - we believe our unique, tech-driven method casts the net wider for every search and is a fairer, better way to find new and diverse talent. We also discount our fees by 90% for nonprofits and donate to charity every time one of our members recommends a placed candidate in a compensated role.
Our aim is for Nurole to become the way for boards to hire. We’ve already placed over 1,500 people, helping 10 people find a non-executive role each week of 2021. We’re growing fast. The Financial Times listed us in the top 1,000 fastest-growing organisations in Europe for the third time in 2022.
By hiring the right people, good boards become great. Great boards change their organisations, and great organisations change the world.
The work we do matters. We’d love you to join us.
As Nurole transitions from start up to scale up, we are looking to grow our Product Design team to support our ambitious goals. You’ll be working across the business with our cross-functional product team, our developers, and marketers, to help create a product which both looks beautiful and delivers a fantastic user experience. You will collaborate with our Product Designer but also with the Customer Experience Lead, using their testing and analysis to build an understanding of how our customers use the product and to find innovative, design-led solutions.
With a core focus on the Nurole portals (marketing site, member portal, client portal, etc.), you will also be on hand to assist with designs for other marketing materials, from presentations to handouts, ensuring a cohesive look across the brand.
- Make smart UX decisions and turn complex flows into simple interactions.
- Make functional products simple and beautiful.
- Tackling UX and design problems from start to finish, using data from research and testing to create smart and bespoke solutions and features.
- Sketching and prototyping ideas to assess their viability, and designing the intricate details of components, interactions, and transitions.
- Partnering with product developers to define, evolve and iterate product roadmaps.
- Collaborating with our marketing team on marketing materials, ensuring a cohesive brand across all mediums.
The Product Designer will:
- Have 3+ years of experience working as a Product Designer, capable of working across UX research, interaction design and visual design
- Have experience in a B2B or B2C technology business, ideally with a similar customer base of senior executives and business leaders
- Have experience in collaborating with developers, prioritising work flows and validating concepts through growing a product over multiple years
- Be passionate about delivering quality design from conception through to execution
- Have excellent communication skills and will enjoy working with teams across the business to extract valuable insights from both colleagues and customers
- You need to know Figma perfectly, especially using components, shared libraries, auto-layout and variables.
- We use Notion a lot, and we'd love it if you did too!
- High fidelity prototyping will be a big part of your work, so if you know Webflow or other no-code apps that would be a massive plus.
- We also use other tools such as Jira, Google suite, etc.
- We want people to be proud to work at Nurole – because of what we do, how we do it and what we stand for.
- Throw yourself into your work and we’ll commit to you.
- We don’t mind if you make mistakes – as long as you learn from them.
- We’re big believers in data. This should guide everything we do.
- We strive to be a very human tech company. We want everyone to feel valued and able to do their best work.
Nurole’s culture is built on three core values:
- Be Bold – moon shoot, own it, be brilliant.
- Build Trust – always be kind, nothing beneath us, givers not takers.
- Be Better – growth mindset, black box thinking, autonomy mastery purpose.
- Share options.
- 25 days holiday p.a. & bank holidays.
- Private health insurance (after 12 months of service).
- Regular team events & off-sites.
Founder - Susie Cummings:
Susie, a former top-tier headhunter with over 30 years’ experience and founder of one of Europe’s most successful retained executive search firms, is the founder of Nurole.
Susie started her working life at Advent Venture Partners, where it soon became clear that getting the right senior management team was as important to the success of a business as the strategy or securing the capital itself. This philosophy is at the heart of everything Nurole does today.
CEO - Oliver Cummings:
Oliver joined the company after a decade working as a private equity investor, most recently as a partner at BXR Partners, an international private investment group with a 19-year track record of superior investment performance across a variety of industry sectors, and previously at Goldman Sachs Capital Partners.
Oliver is currently a non-executive director of Thomas’s London Day Schools, a privately-owned schools group with over 2,000 students across London. He also serves on the advisory board of Potage (www.potage.co.uk), recently voted in the top 8 food delivery services in the UK by GQ.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is part of the Nurole DNA, as our platform is designed to attract and identify more diverse candidates for every role.
As a company, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive organisation, but we know we have work to do. We recently set up a Diversity Committee and appointed a Diversity Champion to drive our efforts in this area. It is looking at both our internal data and policies, and how the Nurole platform empowers people from the widest possible range of backgrounds.