Board-level hiring is stuck in the past - that’s where Nurole comes in. We were founded by industry veteran Susie Cummings, who realised there has to be a better and fairer way, in the digital age of hiring the world's leaders, beyond little black books and the old boys’ network.
Nurole is the global hiring marketplace working exclusively at board level. Our clients range from listed and private organisations, such as Games Workshop, Uber, and Oddbox, to nonprofits, such as Comic Relief, the University of Oxford, and the RSPCA. We're highly mission-driven and social impact is core to the business model - we believe our unique, tech-driven method casts the net wider for every search and is a fairer, better way to find new and diverse talent. We also discount our fees by 90% for nonprofits and donate to charity every time one of our members recommends a placed candidate in a compensated role.
Our aim is for Nurole to become the way for boards to hire. We’ve already placed over 1,500 people, helping 10 people find a non-executive role each week of 2021. We’re growing fast. The Financial Times listed us in the top 1,000 fastest-growing organisations in Europe for the third time in 2022.
By hiring the right people, good boards become great. Great boards change their organisations, and great organisations change the world.
The work we do matters. We’d love you to join us.
Nurole now numbers c.50 employees and as we transition from start up to scale up, we are looking to expand the Customer Success team. The Commercial Sector Lead will take the lead on executing board level role postings for a range of commercial sector clients, as well as overseeing and mentoring more junior colleagues in the team. Working closely with colleagues in the business development team, they will lead searches from initial stages of role briefing through to research and mapping, assessment, candidate and client management, and closing.
- Leading role briefing calls with clients.
- Writing detailed and effective role specifications ready for posting on the Nurole platform.
- Undertaking market mapping, headhunting (if needed), and approaching target candidates or sources.
- Undertaking thorough candidate assessments and sifting of applications to compile long/shortlists.
- Confidently and effectively leading long-list and shortlist calls with clients.
- Appropriately and sensitively managing rejections of unsuccessful candidates.
- Ensuring a smooth and positive process throughout, for both clients and candidates.
- Undertaking referencing of candidates.
- In addition, you’ll be working closely with less experienced colleagues in the team and providing mentoring and possible line management support.
- Supporting the development of the platform: contributing your thoughts and ideas on an on-going basis, which will feed into the systematic testing of a more sophisticated, data-led and UX-friendly experience.
We’re looking for someone with significant executive or non-executive search experience, ideally in the broad commercial sector, although we’re open to those with differing sector expertise. You will be experienced in delivering senior leadership/board level assignments. More specifically:
- A minimum of 4 years’ search/headhunting experience, working on senior executive or non-executive level mandates.
- Significant client exposure, for example having led role briefings and/or shortlist calls.
- Ability to appropriately and effectively communicate with Nurole’s customer base of chairs, board members and senior-level individuals.
- You’ll enjoy working in a small, technology-led, entrepreneurial environment.
- You’re highly collaborative and enjoy working in a nonhierarchical organisation.
- You are driven, ambitious, and are excited by the prospect of playing a key role in an organisation which is growing rapidly.
- You have high standards of yourself and others around you and will be aligned with Nurole’s values of “be better, be bold and build trust”.
- Ideally you will have some experience of mentoring or supporting less experienced team members.
- We want people to be proud to work at Nurole – because of what we do, how we do it and what we stand for.
- Throw yourself into your work and we’ll commit to you.
- We don’t mind if you make mistakes – as long as you learn from them.
- We’re big believers in data. This should guide everything we do.
- We strive to be a very human tech company. We want everyone to feel valued and able to do their best work.
Nurole’s culture is built on three core values:
- Be Bold – moon shoot, own it, be brilliant.
- Build Trust – always be kind, nothing beneath us, givers not takers.
- Be Better – growth mindset, black box thinking, autonomy mastery purpose.
- Share options.
- 25 days holiday p.a. & bank holidays.
- Private health insurance (after 12 months of service).
- Regular team events & off-sites.
Founder - Susie Cummings:
Susie, a former top-tier headhunter with over 30 years’ experience and founder of one of Europe’s most successful retained executive search firms, is the founder of Nurole.
Susie started her working life at Advent Venture Partners, where it soon became clear that getting the right senior management team was as important to the success of a business as the strategy or securing the capital itself. This philosophy is at the heart of everything Nurole does today.
CEO - Oliver Cummings:
Oliver joined the company after a decade working as a private equity investor, most recently as a partner at BXR Partners, an international private investment group with a 19-year track record of superior investment performance across a variety of industry sectors, and previously at Goldman Sachs Capital Partners.
Oliver is currently a non-executive director of Thomas’s London Day Schools, a privately-owned schools group with over 2,000 students across London. He also serves on the advisory board of Potage (www.potage.co.uk), recently voted in the top 8 food delivery services in the UK by GQ.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is part of the Nurole DNA, as our platform is designed to attract and identify more diverse candidates for every role.
As a company, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive organisation, but we know we have work to do. We recently set up a Diversity Committee and appointed a Diversity Champion to drive our efforts in this area. It is looking at both our internal data and policies, and how the Nurole platform empowers people from the widest possible range of backgrounds.