From global brands to local charities, almost every organisation has a board. They play a vital role overseeing, encouraging and holding these organisations to account. But while the world is changing quicker than ever, board-level hiring is stuck in the past. That’s where Nurole comes in.
We’ve created a tech-driven process that opens up the way boards hire new people. It’s more efficient and effective than traditional search, and creates stronger and more diverse shortlists for every role.
By hiring the right people, good boards become great. Great boards change their organisations, and great organisations change the world. So the work we do matters. We’d love you to join us.
As we transition from start up to scale up, Nurole is looking to expand their current discovery and delivery capability by hiring a Lead Full Stack Developer. You will provide engineering lead to a cross-functional squad, working closely with the product manager and quality engineer. Your squad will be tasked with discovering what problems our users need solving, ideate solutions to these and then deliver these solutions to production, not forgetting to then track the results and ensure that they solve the problems they were meant to! As we’re in our early stages of life you will have the opportunity to work across all areas of our technology and shape the future of our technology and your role.
Some projects you may like to get involved in include:
- Discovering and delivering on ways of improving our core matching algorithms.
- Contribute to best practices and influence the direction of the team as it grows.
- Work with our QA Manager and Senior Devops Engineer to drive key metrics - release rate, lead time, release failure rate and time to restore
- Working with the product managers to find the best technical solution to complex business problems
- Enabling prioritisation by breaking these solutions into tasks & estimating their sizes
- Working across the full stack to deliver these tasks
- Writing unit, integration and e2e tests
- Continuously analysing and evaluating the current codebase in order to suggest improvements & refactoring to deliver these
- Supporting the QA process to deliver regular stable releases
- Participating in regular retrospectives to help improve the efficiency of the team
Current Tech Stack:
- VueJS, TailwindCSS, BackboneJS
The required skills and experience for the Lead Full Stack Developer are:
- As a Lead Engineer you are passionate about scalability, quality and mentoring
- You’re a self-starter with a focus on pragmatism and output over engineering perfection
- Passionate about mentoring and leading a team of senior & mid-weight engineers
- Back end - in-depth experience of multiple back-end languages (e.g. C#, Java, Python) developing and testing RESTful APIs
- Exposure to TDD and agile development methodologies
- You have experience working with microservice or service-oriented architectures
- You are excited about our vision
- Understand that our product starts and ends with the customer, technical perfection is nothing without users
- Writes clear, concise code
- Believes testing is by no means an after thought
- Can plan a development project and execute against that plan
- Has a passion for continuous improvement - loves learning and sharing that knowledge
- Gets excited about rapid iteration and understands the importance of a short feedback loop
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- We want people to be proud to work at Nurole – because of what we do, how we do it and what we stand for
- Throw yourself into your work and we’ll commit to you
- We don’t mind if you make mistakes – as long as you learn from them
- We’re big believers in data. This should guide everything we do
- We strive to be a very human tech company. We want everyone to feel valued and able to do their best work
Nurole’s culture is built on three core values:
Be Bold – moon shoot, own it, be brilliant
Build Trust – always be kind, nothing beneath us, givers not takers
Be Better – growth mindset, black box thinking, autonomy mastery purpose
- Share options
- 25 days holiday p.a. + bank holidays
- Private health insurance (after 12 months of service)
- Regular team events and off-sites
- Nurole run club twice a week in Holland Park and Hyde Park
Founder - Susie Cummings
Susie, a former top-tier headhunter with over 30 years’ experience and founder of one of Europe’s most successful retained executive search firms, is the founder of Nurole.
Susie started her working life at Advent Venture Partners, where it soon became clear that getting the right senior management team was as important to the success of a business as the strategy or securing the capital itself. This philosophy is at the heart of everything Nurole does today.
CEO - Oliver Cummings
Oliver joined the company after a decade working as a private equity investor, most recently as a partner at BXR Partners, an international private investment group with a 19-year track record of superior investment performance across a variety of industry sectors, and previously at Goldman Sachs Capital Partners.
Oliver is currently a non-executive director of Thomas’s London Day Schools, a privately-owned schools group with over 2,000 students across London. He also serves on the advisory board of Potage (www.potage.co.uk), recently voted in the top 8 food delivery services in the UK by GQ.
Gareth Cokell - Chief Technology Officer
Gareth has 20 years’ experience as a developer across a variety of technology stacks. From the beginning of his career he has been passionate about optimising the development process and has previously held roles coaching developers in extreme programming (XP) and transitioning teams onto agile practices. Immediately prior to working with Nurole, Gareth lead the rewrite of radiotimes.com, shepherding the site through re-launch, sale and subsequent expansion, resulting in the tripling of monthly unique users to 3.5m and the return of the Radio Times brand to the #1 position in the market.
Diversity and inclusion
Diversity is part of the Nurole DNA, as our platform is designed to attract and identify more diverse candidates for every role.
As a company, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive organisation, but we know we have work to do. We recently set up a Diversity Committee and appointed a Diversity Champion to drive our efforts in this area. It is looking at both our internal data and policies, and how the Nurole platform empowers people from the widest possible range of backgrounds.